If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the construction industry, Bend Fab may be the place for you.
Bend Fab is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
In addition to our competitive pay, Bend Fab proudly offers the following Employee Benefits Package:
Join Our Team
Reporting Relationship: The Metal Roof Installer reports directly to the Project Foreman.
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position. In the event of an absent Project Foreman, Assistant Foreman responsibilities will need to be followed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Is able to work efficiently in a crew.
• Can adequately perform the basics of demolition, roof sheet installs, and trims.
• Works within the limits of Bend Fab crew.
• Has the basic ability to read and understand construction drawings and schedules to complete roofing and finishing tasks.
• Operate the Schlebach slasher, Schlebach Quadro roll former, and Bjorns brake.
• Install roofing that is plumb, level and true.
• Install valley flashing, including hanging valleys, chimney flashing, roof to roof and roof to wall flashings.
• Install finish work that is both clean and true.
• Install other forms of roofing that might coincide with Bend-Fab metal roofing, shingles, slate, and rubber.
• Works within the limits of a roofing crew and can complete individual tasks under supervision.
• Has a strong level of ability in reading and understanding construction drawings and schedules to complete roofing and accessory installation.
• Has the ability to schedule material and labor on a daily basis to maintain production of a three to five person crew.
• Understands and completes all necessary paperwork to maintain a small crew or run a small project.
• Has the ability to instruct and train lesser-qualified workers in a crew.
• Possess the technical ability to complete all phases of construction work related to the roofing field.
• Runs a roofing crew within the limits of a larger project or functions at a high level, independently without supervision.
• Practices safe work habits and maintains good jobsite housekeeping.
• Able to push, pull and lift up to 75lbs.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Metal Roof Installer will be evaluated specifically on the following factors:
• Follow directions and is able to supervise a three to five person crew.
• Less than 2% of all work put in place requires corrective measures.
• Works at a productive rate and can maintain the production of a crew while complying with the Company’s safety rules.
• Practices good customer relations and has good communication skills.
• Work quality meets or exceeds the Company’s standards.
• Continually strives to improve skills.
• Maintains a good attendance record throughout the year.
Experience & Qualifications:
• Minimum of six years of either field experience or a two year degree from a technical school and four years of field experience.
• Has completed one full year of employment with T-Ross Brothers Construction.
• Maintains a complete set of tools in good working and operating condition.
• Able to program and run Bend-Fab slitter and Bjorns brake.
• Able to program and run Schlebach Quadro roll former.
• Able to trouble shoot roll former, break, and slitter.